Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"Sure I can get laid...

...But no one will ever love me. " That was our theme from IGLA. And it really does carry over into my every day life. Lately I've really begun to reflect on that quote, by my quasi-twin brother GCC. Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly content with my current life, but I'm always plagued with the question, "why are you single?"...and its true, I always am. Granted, I'm very picky in relationships: I cannot abide snorers, guys who are at all effeminate, primpers, the song/dance crowd, or those reallly into money. I need someone who can hold a conversation but doesn't talk my ear off constantly like a chick, athletic, and outdoorsy preferred. Not toooo much to ask for is it?

Before this sounds like yet another personal ad, let's get back to my self-analysis. I remember clear as day many years ago one of my friends having a drunk confession: I'm a mean drunk. He meant that I picked on him too much. I'm sorry, that's my sarcastic, witty personality. I thought it was part of my charm. Prince charming I am not, apparently. You see I grew up being the shortest guy in the class, characterized as 'gay' as a kid (even had a lisp before speech therapy), and had a last name that was easily mispronounced as "Piss it"...so you can imagine how I had to develop a thick skin and learn to roll with the punches early on. I guess I assume that other people have a similar leathery hide (and not just from fake baking). They don't.

Recently I was labeled as emotionally cold (thanks GCC). Maybe that's due to being constantly single, or dealing with moving around a lot and losing contact with those people I care about. I think I should just make a new t-shirt that says, "If I insult you, its only because I love you." Maybe that will solve my problems of seeming to be a lil asshole and unloving.

2 comments:

Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

Did I say emotionally cold? Hmm. I think for me it was that I had known you for months and yet I did not really know you. I got the sense you weren't great at opening up and letting people in. And I suspect a similar thing happens when you are dating. Sometimes our picky list of dealbreakers just becomes an excuse not to connect with people...

PennStateVR6 said...

A lot of people seem to forget the simple childhood strategy of "pick on you because I like you." Much like you, Aries, I tend to use sarcasm and bitchiness to show someone I care. It's back-fired a few times, but most people understand my intentions.

What little I know of you leads me to believe that you're not emotionally cold, just reserved about laying your heart out on the line.

And please, don't get hitched because you don't want to be single.

PS: I can't believe you got Imelda to comments, gasp!