Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I Never Take "NO" for an Answer

Hell, I don't even take a lack of response for an answer. I think everyone knows what I'm talking about already. If you don't, you're more dateless and undersexed than I am. But to be completely transparent, I mean the world of cyberdating. (though in my life it sometimes borders on cyberstalking) BEEP BEEP BEEP: News Flash just came in. It will be mentioned in Addendum #1 and #2. So yes, cyberdating/stalking. As a ConsummateAries, I am persistent and a complete go-getter. I always need my way to prevail. So ya ever see someone online or in real life and think, "I must have him!"? For me its kind of like a great tie at the store: I will dwell on it until I finally just get it, although I may not need it at the time. So after seeing someone, we go through that routine of searching on _____ (insert website like myspace, friendster, gay.com, MH, etc) until we find clues. We also post the obligatory "Missed Connection" on Craigslist, hoping that it will be the first time a real response is received. Voila! A clue: the fruits of our labor come through and we find an email or something. A week after sending the introductory email, and not hearing anything back, you wonder "maybe it got deleted with a bunch of junk", so you resend something with a catchy cover as to why you're resending.

No word.

Try again.

No word.

Give it a month or two for them to break up with Mr Right-Now. BAM! They get back to you.

This series has happened to me countless times. In fact one guy said, "You were so persistent that I had to just find out what you were like." I wasn't sure if that was a compliment, but I know he was happy he emailed me back after we met. I am, after all, cursed with a total lack of photogenicness (or photogenicity?).

The latest version of this story occurred this week. I always saw this guy at the gym, emailed him occasionally on friendster, no response. Then out of the blue he starts chatting with me as if he's never seen me before. Then asks me out to workout, drinks, and a party later on in the week. Its almost to the point that he appears to be bi-polar. 0 to 60 in .2 seconds. But of course I jump at the opportunity to go out. Lust is almost impossible to overcome.

Addendum #1: I just got a Gmail IM from him...he's buried in work, so he cant go out tonight (this is after postponing last night too). But the party is still on. That's two strikes. Three and they're out in my book. Then again, with abs like his, he gets 6 strikes.
Addendum #2: He just called and now we're back on again for drinks tonight. Amazing.

2 comments:

Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

what happened to the guy you wouldn't kiss and tell about? Moved on already?

The Consummate Aries said...

Honey, that was 30 seconds ago. I have man ADHD.