Sunday, August 5, 2007

I'm still the world's best son!

My mom made her second official visit to DC this weekend, overall it went pretty well. Luckily, my A/C outage was fixed just shortly after she arrived on Friday, which made the logistics of entertaining mom much easier. To summarize the weekend's events, I'll bullet:
  • I've never driven so much in DC, it was a nice change. I'm still a parallel parking Ace.
  • My aerobed sleeps very well
  • She thoroughly enjoyed going to swim practice, it brought back many memories from my youth and she always loves meeting the gays.
  • We shopped and shopped, taking full advantage of her SUV: two trips to Target, Linens n Things, Best Buy, Home Rule, etc. Mostly housewares; no clothes shopping
  • Watched three movies over 2 days: The Bourne Ultimatum (great movie), Hot Fuzz (very funny, but would be funnier with friends as opposed to mom), Underworld (we love monster movies)
  • Ate at Logan Tavern @ The Heights (second time, still good), 17th St Cafe (brunch was yummy as always), Mama Lucia's, Parkway Deli (mmmm...latkas), and cooked at home once
  • Visited The Spy Museum (save your $16 if you watch lots of The Hisotry Channel, like me)
  • Never went to the Vietnam, FDR, or Lincoln like she originally wanted to--too friggin hot.
  • Only had to do a drive-by thru Georgetown, which pleased me.
  • She constantly interrogated me about men I date--I quickly changed the subject each time.
  • I made up for forgetting her birthday last weekend.

Next time I promised her we'd go to a musical/play and do some more sights, just not in 98 degree weather.

1 comment:

wonks said...

AAAAHHHH! How CUTE!!!