Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Brave One

On Saturday I finally got to see The Brave One, and I'm still living vicariously through Jodie Foster's character. I think anyone who lives in a urban area and needs to deal with human slime on a daily basis will thoroughly enjoy the flick. How many of us who ride the Metro every day, especially the Green Line, would love nothing more than to shoot the thugs that annoy us with impunity? But besides the revenge concept of the movie, it also reminds us that danger and violence occurs all around us...a walk through the park, the metro, convenience store, etc. Though I have yet (and I stress yet) to be the victim of violent crime, the movie instills the need for eternal vigilance, especially since I'm not permitted to carry a handgun or shoot any perceived threats in the face.

2 comments:

wonks said...

You sound like George Bush!

The Consummate Aries said...

I thought the same thing after I wrote it. And W is right...we need to be vigilant, just not disregard the Constitution at the same time. Though vigilance is not the same as violence, something W doesnt understand.