Monday, May 14, 2007

Thank GOD it wasnt a date!

Ever wonder how the same event can be awesome one year and then realllly lame the next? In my experience, things like Pride are always the same: guys running around shirtless, most of them drunk or cracked out; lots of bars and fattening food all weekend; lame entertainers on stage; unfulfilled expectation of getting laid. However, last year was my first National Police Week here in DC. As most of my close friends in FL are cops of some sort, this was an awesome time to reunite in my new hometown. We had a great time...see the above description for the typical Pride, it applies here too. This year I expected the same or better. Boy was I wrong...


So here comes the potentially bad date part... I didnt realize my friend (call him TC) was bringing his dad along with him for the week's events. Not only that, none of my other friends came up. So dinner the first night (note that all of the events could've come directly from one of my many bad dates): trying to find a restaurant--no input whatsoever, though you know country hicks dont like most foods available around DuPont Circle. I come up with an idea, start walking. The dad insists on walking waaaay behind--if this was a gay date, I would assume it was to check out my ever-swishing ass. Though with him being a cop, it seemed like he was scrutinizing my every move--I tried my damndest not to make my ass swish. Get to dinner, TC and I are chatting away. His dad contributes about 10 words to the hour long dinner conversation. And when he does speak, its while looking into the wall length mirror on one side of our booth. If that was a gay man, I'd have to give him a verbal smack-down (i.e., Aries rage). The whole time I just couldnt wait for dinner to be over so I could get rid of him. It was just as bad as the dinner-date I had 2months ago where I walked out of the restaurant when the guy went to the bathroom, only to chicken out and return...not wanting to be the "bad guy".



Let's just say the following night wasnt a whole helluva lot better.

No comments: