Friday, May 11, 2007

My first rant

As my beloved Peter Griffin would say, "You know what really grinds my gears? Nasty pickles." I'm a huge fan of pickles (and not just because of their pleasing shape). The perfect snack: no calories, no fat...just salt, vinegar, water, and cellulose. In fact, my Girls at Ts Grill in Silver Spring know that with each order (which comes with fries, chips, or potato/pasta salad), that I just want pickles. Generally, they're they yummy kind: crisp, white-green flesh that maintains its errect shape when held horizontally (e.g., Clausen brand). Ts always had great pickles...until today. Maybe I'm consuming too many (no one else seems to get them), and now they have to cut costs and get the cheap ones (e.g., Vlasic brand). How will I ever cope? Will I be forced to switch back to eating fried starches with my lunch?

No comments: