Sunday, May 20, 2007

My MasterCard Commercial

This is it. Its now 9:30pm 'ish on Sunday night and I'm all ready to go to Paris for the IGLA swimming championships. My whole body is shaved smooth, and somehow I managed to squeeze everything I need into 1 small carry-on roller bag. I thought I'd run down the list of purchases that were necessary for this trip. Kind of a self-assessment, and metric of "is it really worth it?" So much for my original intent of doing this trip on a budget.


1 plane ticket: $1000

1 week apartment rental: $900

1 high tech swim suit: $130

1 new MP3 player: $140

1 new digital camera: $155

1 team swim cap: $5

1 team tshirt: $5

1 bottle of sleeping pills: $10

Various other junk: $100

Making a fool of oneself while dressed in pink and doing synchronized swimming: Priceless