Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Talkin' Shit

With the cyber-death of Gay Canuck in the Captial, there has been a measurable decrease in the discussion of poop in the blogosphere--dirty asses, fetishes, toilet humor, bathroom behavior, sexual escapades gone wrong, etc. Its time for me to add my 2 cents...

Growing up, I never shat in public facilities. I attribute this embarrassment to having private bathrooms in our elementary classrooms. It was just a room at the back of the class. We didn't have hall bathrooms...at least not many, and you couldn't use them during class time. You had to use the "closet" at the back of the room. There was no fan, and hardly a sound barrier, so you could hear just about any noise that escaped from under the door. I rarely even used them to pee. The same applied in middle and high school--I only ever peed in school bathrooms. Never shat. This public shit phobia continued even through college and my first jobs.

For some reason, when I started my job here I had no problem shitting. Probably cause its a large office building and I get lost in the mix of people using the facilities. Its hard to say..."Oh daaaaayum, C-A just dropped a bomb in the bathroom." But still, as GCC pointed out, I use the bathroom one floor above or below for such activities. I even got into a routine...almost every day at 10am. I guess that's when the coffee finally kicked in. Your physiology definitely gets into rhythms, that was mine. But now somehow my rhythm has been broken. I haven't shat at work in months probably. Cant even remember the last time. Very odd. Maybe I need more fiber...or just a good f*^%#.

2 comments:

AtlWreck said...

lovely dan...

Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

I shit every morning 5 mins after I wake up and then usu at around 3. At work. On this floor.