Monday, July 2, 2007

Of course I didnt eat yet

Yesterday was quite spontaneous, in contrast to my typical Sunday of swim practice, brunch with the boys, maybe the gym, lil bit if the Circle, then home to watch Family Guy. After skipping out on a lame party Saturday night (I used the excuse of swim practice), I got to bed at a decent time with all the intentions of going swimming at 10am. Nope. Got up, dicked around online while drinking coffee, made my way to So's Your Mom (awesome deli in Adams Morgan), got a lox n bagel, headed to the circle. Did my usual chill there for a bit with every intention of going to the gym after I digested. That never occurred. I figured, I'll bike over and check out H&M for a bit to kill time. As soon as I got there, my friend ATL-Sean called and whisked me away to Tysons Corner to go shopping. YAY!

After a hard day of that we head to Cafe 17 for drinks and dinner. Just as we're finishing up dinner I get a call from TOA--usually I never answer my phone while at a restaurant, but it was TOA after all. So he asks, "Have you eaten yet?" My response: "Nope, not yet." BURP. So he invited me to meet him and some friends at Perry's on the roof deck. Awesome. As I arrived, I couldn't figure out if the guy he went there with was a kinda-sorta bf from outta down (long distance thing). I was very territorial and on-guard. A few minutes later another friend arrived, so it wasn't to odd with just the three of us. $50 each of sushi and martinis later and we head for beers at another bar, then over to TOA's. As I'm finishing my first drink at his place he asks, "Would you like me to make you another?" I decline--the ConsummateAries never lets others make his drinks, as they are never strong enough. Atta Gurl! So TOA then asks, "well would you like me to show you to the kitchen?" DING DING DING....we have a winner!! He cuddle walks me into the darkness of his keep made of stainless steel and granite. After a quick makeout, we're back on the sofa watching Robot Chicken with his friends, quasi-cuddled, with a fresh whisky and coke. And as I leave, he gets the pillows and blankets for his friend from out of town to crash on the sofa. Awesome!

Lesson learned: It pays to never take "No" for an answer.

No comments: