Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The ThankfulAries


I'm not a very emotional person, in fact some think I'm cold (and you know who you are!). However, I would be remissed not to blog about those things in my life which are positive, and for which I'm thankful for in this past year. The biggest addition to my life in 2007 has been my swimmin sistas. What would I do without these friends? Though I may seem "distant" at some times, I'd go out of my way and bend over backwards for you all and help in any way I could. We've definitely had some great and memorable times--getting naked at bars, trips to swim meets (especially Paris and Philly), drunken sex talk at Nellies, and quiet dinners at home. And thank you all for driving my ass to and from practice. Not to mention your fat jokes keep me motivated to stay in shape, providing me with better health.

Next is my family. Although they don't read this (I hope!!), I'm so grateful for my new nephew. It was a long and arduous process for my sister just to have any child, but it was certainly worth the wait for this one. And of course, my mom and dad have been at my side whenever I need them.

Lastly, my other friends around the country are always there with a laugh and make traveling to see them a great reprieve from the pace of life in DC. I do need to make an effort to stay in better contact--but this is true of all my friends and family.

1 comment:

Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

Now who would EVER think you are cold and distant?!