Saturday, February 2, 2008

Commitment

Over the last few years--a veritable drought when it comes to successful dating--I've wondered whether I am relationship capable. As mentioned before, I've never held a relationship with a guy for more than a year. Sad. And at 30, I felt like my biological clock is ticking *pounds foot on the floor a la Marissa Tome.* I mean, if you cant have at least ONE successful long term relationship in your 20's, when you're energetic and good looking, can it be done with such ease later? Well to make a long story short...you all know about The Musician--to whom I affectionately call "lesbian" due to his emotional, relationship-oriented nature. I definietly had a period of "Let's wait and see; We need to take it slower; Let's not rush into this." While I knew that was the healthy thing to do, I still had GCC in the back of my head screaming that I'm 'cold'. Well I think I've emerged through all of that now, and am better for it--or should I say we are.

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder" is the old adage. Between my week-long trip to New Orleans--facing temptation from all the guys there, and this unforunate law-related incident that we've had to deal with (not to mention him living in South Bumblefuck), I've realized that this really is (as Martha would say) "a good thing."

So here comes the committment part...yesterday before sending him off for the weekend, we booked a cruise for the weekend after my 30th birthday--I was planning to be in FL for a swim meet, and I also wanted to treat myself to something nice. And what is better for relaxation, pampering, and fun than a cruise? So this is what we're doing (link). So yea...now I'm locked into the guy til after April. But that's just fine by me.

2 comments:

atlwreck said...

i think i said it before, but: bout damn time!

:D

Gay Canuck in the Capital said...

Ditto. Well done, you deserve it.