Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm becoming one of "THEM"

And by "them", I naturally mean one of those Mac-totting, coffee-sipping hippies you see around town, especially at places like Tryst and Dupont Circle Starbucks.


I cant help but think of the movie "Best in Show", where Parker Posey and her (unmemorable) movie husband discuss meeting at Starbucks, while each was working on their Mac.


--"I was a double espresso guy"




--"Yea, I thought that was sexy"


Lord knows, I drink enough caffeine to kill a large horse (and if that fuckin caffeine calculator hadnt crapped out, we'd know exactly how much I've consumed), so why not join the ranks of my fellow coffeephiles and buy a Mac? Well...I just did. Its coming today, which makes June 5th somewhat like December 25th. I'm awaiting the FedEx man with great aaaaaantiiiicipation (said like Dr Frankenfurter).

So starting tomorrow I can "work from home", go to Tryst, and nod at my fellow Macees. Isnt that what the commercials say to do, after all? You know the irony of today was when I got up this morning, ran to check the shipping status online, and my IBM laptop flashed up the Blue Screen of Death. Never again!






No comments: